Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Eating @ Banmai Market

Do you have any plan for this weekend? If you don’t have any ideas, I’d like to recommend Banmai Market to you all for eating something different.









Banmai market has been trading since 100 years ago, so at the market you can see and eat ancient dessert. You will enjoy to eat various menu. From my experience at the market, I like iced milk tea (ชาเย็น)and fried baking banana with honey (กล้วยอบน้ำผึ้งทอด). Iced milk tea smells sweet and fried baking banana with honey is perfect sweet and crispy. At the market, there are food from coconut that you shouldn’t miss to buy; these are sticky rice in coconut (ข้าวหลามมะพร้าวอ่อน) and coconut sweetmeat. For the main course. I saw the rice in lotus leaf (ข้าวห่อใบบัว) is very appetizing. At the market you can enjoy eating, while you are breathing the fresh air and see paniramic view of Bangpakong river.







Last but not least, Banmai market is located in Chachengsao on Suppakit road. It takes about 1 hour from Bangkok. You can drive or take public transportation such as train, bus and van. Bus and van are provided at Ekkamia and Moshit bus terminal. When you arrive Chachengsao, white song taew will take you to the market that it’s cost only 8 baht.




Hope you enjoy and have a good weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Banmai Market is very interesting. I will go there with my family next week and I want to try sticky rice in coconut. Thanks for your recommend ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time hearing about Banmai market. It looks antique and interesting. So I'll go there when the next trip comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this antique market like Samchuck market in Ayutthaya? I think Talad BanMai is so interesting, look like there was not crowded, have beautiful scenery and many delicious food. Wanna go there to take a photo and taste sticky rice in coconut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Sumitra Samchunk Market is in Supanburi not Ayuthaya. Banmai Market is open only weekend.
    Hope you enjoy and have a good time with your family and friends

    ReplyDelete