By Nattarucha Chamnan

Taipei - After a heavy rain from typhoon in the east of Taiwan from Wednesday to Friday, it causes the landslides in Hualain Province that killed 11 people and 3 people still missing.
The national Calamity Management Department of Taiwan declared that the effect of typhoon that occurred a few days ago cause the landslides in Hulain province in the east of Taiwan. Landslides swept more than 100 families in five villages around Taroko Natioal Park. There are 11 people died when a mudslide hit villages and 3 people still missing.
Ms. Zhang Xiaonan, a gift shop owner at Huatong highway, said “I was sleeping on the second floor of my house. I heard the very loud and noise and when I left the house, I saw the hill had fallen.”
Since the landslides, I had to live in the hotel for three days without electricity and telephone signals. I looked from the hotel the road in the downtown was covered by mud and everything is stopped and the entire town was completely soundless, said Mr. Keito Tashio a Japanese tourist.
The principal of Huatong elementary school said that due to the heavy rain and landslides, school was closed for a week from Wednesday to the next Tuesday in order that students will live in the safe place.
The principal of Huatong elementary school said that due to the heavy rain and landslides, school was closed for a week from Wednesday to the next Tuesday in order that students will live in the safe place.
Mr.Chen Tangmen, a province governor, said floods and landslides shut 26 roads in 5 towns and more than 100 houses were flooded. The landslides left more that 50 homeless. Furthermore, people who live in the lowland should evacuate to the safe place that were provided.
The Public Health Department of Taiwan warned residents to avoid walking in the mud and after coming from outside the house people must clean their body, especially their feet. People should beware of dangerous animals such as snakes and centipedes.
The Taiwan Meteorological Department reported that the storms will move from Taiwan to Hong Kong next week, so the situation will get better and come back to alive soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment