Friday, March 16, 2012


28 dead, 73 injured in planes crashed
By PAWINEE TIAMKOAKGRUAD
Reporter – The Mirror
March 16, 2012






BANGKOK, Thailand – 11.15 a.m. the Donmueng police officers rushed into Donmueng airport to investigate after they were informed that 28 people were dead and 73 people were injured from planes crashed.


When the police officers arrived at the Donmueng airport, they saw two planes on the runway were in bad conditions, some part of them were broken and burn from fire. Many life rescuers were taking the bodies of dead people and injured people out of the planes, and then nurses took injured people to ambulances.


“I was sitting in a plane flight TG 608 and our plane was about to take off from the runway. It ran very fast suddenly I heard the loud noise from the front of the plane and it began to quiver, after that I felt unconscious.” said Mrs. Duongporn Sirisuk, one of injured passengers.


The police officers coordinate the work with the Airports of Thailand (AOT) to investigate the accident. Mr. Somsuk Krairassami the chairman of AOT declared that this accident shocked many customers in the airport because the situation like this was hardly to happen.


“From this accident it caused 28 people were dead and 73 people were injured.” said Mr. Nimitr Tippirom, the commanding officer of Donmueng police station.


“I was just arrived the airport and I was going to the check in counter then I heard the loud noise and people in the airport were screaming, so I decided to look through the glass of window. I was extremely shocked because of the situation I just saw. I saw Thai airways’ plane was taking off the runway then it crashed with Qatar airways’ plane which it was landing.” said Ms. Piyaporn Sangthong, customer of Thai airways.


Mr. Krairassami, the chairman of AOT sent the technical staff to check both planes. At the same time the police officers investigated the runway and interrogated witnesses who saw the situation.


“The cause of planes crashed was the front wheel of Thai airways’ plane was uncontrollable. So when the captain drove the plane to take off, the front wheel was obliquely moved to the opposite runway which Qatar airways’ plane was landing. That was the cause of planes crashed.” said Mr. Thana, the chief of technical team.


After the investigation result was showed, the president of Thai airways announced that his company will take care of all medical treatment expenses for every passenger who got injury. And also the money to make the compensation to the family of passengers who were dead from planes crashed.


“I am so sorry for the accident and I would like to say apologize to all passengers and their families. I also want to say thank you everyone who trusts in our services and I promise that from now on I will look after all staff to check the planes more careful. I will try to make everyone believe that these kinds of accident will ever happen.” said Mr. Piyasawad Aummaranand, the president of Thai airways.

No comments:

Post a Comment